Overthinking?

5:00:00 PM

Recently, I have been going through these episodes where I start to think things. Things I have never really payed attention to or maybe I did but I just didn't panic about those thoughts. I could be sitting at a table with my family and all of a sudden it hits me, "Am I alive?" "Am I a ghost just sitting in between my family?" "Did I actually end my life?" "Is my entire life a dream?". Like WHAT!? One day I woke up from a nap and I knew my parents where home so when I woke up I went downstairs and I was knocking on their door. No answer. I knocked again. OK fine. I saw that someone was in the bathroom so I knock on that door. No answer. I mean I started banging on that door. I NEEDED A FREAKING ANSWER TO REASSURE MYSELF THAT I WAS ALIVE! The fact that I worry about this causes me to have depression because I wonder how long it will last and IF and when will I recover. I think about how are we even breathing? How is our body capable of swallowing? How deep is the ocean? I can't even swim. What could this be? Is it part of postpartum? I hope so. It better be because I feel like I cant handle another thing. Just as I was panicking last night about this I head over to smartpatients.com (a forum where I, most of the time find relief) and BOOM! A conversation about how she is thinking the exact same things I am and I start to tear up. Thank God for helping me by putting that post in front of me to show me I am not alone. That is an important reminder. Knowing that we are not alone is what stops us from feeling like we are crazy. Someday this will make us stronger!

You Might Also Like

0 comments